Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yoghurt

Wee hee I've made my first batch of yoghurt yum! Definatley the way foward I think packets to make yoghurt from are about $2 cheaper than yoghurt. Although I really need to learn how to make it properly from old yoghurt plus milk I think , will do some research and hopefully not food poison myself in the process.
My next food stuff to takle is going to be hummus the boys love it so if I can figure out how to make tasty stuff myself that's an easy quick snack for everyone.

This will be our first winter in the new house so it should be interesting to see how we go as we haven't installed a heat pump or fire place, we have a couple of those horrible column heaters,  hopefully we won't need to use them. Last winter Fin was suffering from asthma like attacks at night time so it will be interesting to see if he suffers again this year. He was never officially diagnosed as an asthmatic but he was prescribed an inhaler and did wake during the night unable to breath properly. We were however living in a damp cold home so it will be interesting to see how his health goes this year. 

Goats and Chickens are fine. Nev finds the occasional chicken on the wrong side of the fence and clips it's wing and then sends it back over the fence.  The sheep are not here yet but I'm looking foward to their arrival, the paddoks look a mess with long long grass everywhere. My dirt pile is probably about one third left after building my second garden under the front window frame, I won't photograph it until Nev and I have moved some logs up to frame it it looks a bit scruffy at the moment. I think the projects might slow down a bit over the winter as it really is quite windy and freezing in our little valley.


anyone need a kayak ??? Nev is popping it on trade-me this week

3 comments:

  1. Hummus is the easiest thing in the world to make, especially if you cheat and use a little sesame oil instead of tahini like I do. Then it's just chickpeas, lemon, garlic, and salt and pepper. I even cook my chickpeas in the crock pot so I don't have to watch a pot of them! Mum and I will teach you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no you need to teach me Nev purchased tahini and it was a million dollars so won't be doing it that way again . I will msg you about getting together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you spoken to mum? She's up for Easter and I'm off after an early finish on Saturday, we were plotting to visit you guys and distribute chocolate confetions to your offspring :)

    ReplyDelete