Wednesday, April 6, 2011

May I please be excused I am going for a poo

No that isn't why i've missed a week of blogging just Fins coolest saying at the moment that I wanted to share.
We missed last week because I was slack at the start of the week and than Nev took the computer away to a party with him over the weekend. 


Still busy applying for jobs no luck yet but will keep trying, rejection is stink. I don't think I have ever really had this much trouble looking for work before but that was before I moved to the middle of nowhere and had two dependent children. I'm probably not as attractive a perspective employee as I used to be. Will keep pursuing homebased child care and also look into taking on a lodger . These options are still limited by locality but I feel I might have some luck eventually . Currently doing a bit of a sell on trademe, It's great to know we are not having any more kids so as soon as Charlie grows out of anything I can get rid of it I guess selling things isn't the greatest answer to raising cash because eventually I might run out of stuff..... I will think about that when it happens.


The house is going well Chickens and goats are all behaving and staying where they should be. Nev took Fin to milk a neighbours goat the other night and they bought home 1 ltr of Goat milk both the boys drank it happily so that was good to know they do like it before we go and kid Jean and turn her into a milking goat. Chickens are still lovely .. no eggs yet ... I suspect we may not get eggs until spring or summer because they are just about to reach the age of lay about 5mnths but the days are also getting colder and darker and I think they need 16hrs of daylight to lay. The little black bantam is the tamest of all and apparently she flew onto Nev's shoulder the other night.

I am part way though my garden under the window I just need my lovely husbands help to move up the big logs from the log pile to use as frames and than I can plant some lovely little plants I picked up at the local kindergarten gala on the weekend. Small town gala's and fairs are fantastic, I had the lovely nanny with me and the lovely young Soph. Everyone had a great time purchasing toys and clothes for around 10c a piece and the highlight of the day was the fire Engine ride for $1 !!  Great economic way to take small children out for the day.


I also made my first batch of Laurie bread the other day yum ! Butter instead of oil is certainly the way foward. Made a couple of batches of fejoia Jam too, not sure if I'm a big fan or not but I don't love fejoia's either , will just carry on making Jam's out of whatever fruits happen to be in season and being given away or sold ridiculously cheap.

1 comment: