Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentines

Happy valentines. Have had a lovley week with family visiting now settling back into routine.
 A fantastic neighbour friend took us to an excellent park this morning huge fields and a great playground and best of all no people . Between us there were 3 children 3 dogs and 2 adults so we did pretty well not to lose anybody. I must take Izzy out more often so she is not so bored and I can gain confidence in keeping her under control.

Playcentre is back in full swing and I have sent away my course one booklet and have my first official duty day tomorrow. I plan to do building with the children and have saved up many beer bottle caps to use as wheels for the cars we will construct. Fin is nowhere near getting a place in a kindergarten they are all packed for at least 6 months, so instead we will join the puhoi playgroup to fill up the rest of our week. Pluses being that we will met some families closer to home and I won't have to drive the 20min trip to warkworth everyday of the week.

Chicks are due to hatch tomorrow. Yes more chicks and yes the last lot only went outside last week but thankfully one of our hens has gone broody so Nev has constructed a second chook house over the week in which she can be there mum and not me thank goodness. May I add that the second chook house has been constructed using the most utilised shipping container in the history of the world. It came home from Nevs works rubbish pile and started it's life as a play house, it later moved outside to spend some time as a doghouse, from where it moved to another paddock to do some time as a goathouse and now it rests as a motherhen house. The things some people would throw away goodness

half finished goat house

Fin and Nev adding Fins name to the deck

I have a new project which is to build another garden under the front window of our house. It's going to be a bit of a pain as I will need to remove all the rocks under there and drag some wood from the woodpile to build a frame and wheel barrow some dirt from the dirt pile up there. Hopefully I can trick a few people into coming up to help as it's going to be a pretty long term project. I'm also very keen to get a shelter belt planted this autumn just trying to think of ways around spending money on the plants and how to kill all the grass easily. Still on a lookout for a great cheap source of bark for under and around all these plants and trees. Also thinking about purchasing myself a weedwhacker in the near future so i can keep the place looking tidy. I wont start a list of all the things I want for around the place or I'll never stop .... ahh  we will get there .

No comments:

Post a Comment