Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good luck monday

I have just found a patch of four and five leaf clovers next to the driveway out the front door. Lucky me ! It started at Christmas time when one of my mothers home stays gifted everybody with little laminated bookmark four leaf clovers she had found. She told me once you spot one you will keep seeing them and if you spot one always look around it as they are usually a patch of mutant clovers . Over Christmas I found my first five leaf clover but it happened to be in the same paddock as a pushy pig so I didn't get a chance to have a proper look for more and this morning I spotted this patch. They are drying in the back of a cookbook at the moment I'd like to copy this young lady and get some pretty backing paper and laminate mine so I can gift them to people for good luck. I will take a photo when they are dry, hmm i wonder how long that will take ??

All is well around the house spent Sunday home doing some tidying up around the outside in preparation for Fins birthday BBQ next week. Defiantly not going to be doing it this long after his birthday if we do it again next year because he has probably forgotten it was even his birthday, 3 weeks is a long time especially for a 3 year old. Will just be doing a BBQ and a cake maybe some lollies and chippies but nothing to fancy.

The second lot of Eggs hatched on wed last week, We purchased 12 fertilised eggs from them two didn't start to develop at all and one didn't make it out of it's egg under mother hen. So we now have nine new baby chicks, and they are all being looked after by their mummy bantam. Half of the eggs were Barnavelder and half were Brown Leg horns. Not sure how many off each we have but good stuff more chicks, and even better stuff I'm not having to do anything. We left 6 in the incubator to hatch and put the other four under mum. Here are some of our little friends in the oven we haven't seen much of any of them since we put them all under mum.

Bread making is super and I now am the proud owner of 40kgs of flour for $40 doesn't get much better than that. I think the whole family eats less bread now that we have to go to the physical effort of taking out a chopping board and a knife and slicing our bread so that's another bonus. I think we will have to start growing our own potatoes I can't seem to bring myself to  buy them at the shops at the moment as they are just so dear compared to what they used to be.

Charlie is well walking around the house on his knee's quite happily funny boy. He has a bit of a reputation at play centre as he likes to give all the other mothers cuddles, little cutie.

Fin is well although we have decided to put monsters the DVD away for a few years. He really enjoys watching the movie how ever ...... he now prefers to sleep in the hallway .

 Worlds most utilised shipping container now the home to our mummy and chicks


Pumpkins have produced plenty this year however the vine now has white stuff on it so might just pull it out and start again next year. Silver beet is still awesome as are garlic chives they are flowering now. Planted the mint between the water tanks.

Still having trouble with the dog she came home covered in horse poo Friday night after harassing the neighbours horses. Decided I wanted to get rid of her and have had a couple of people say they might be interested. Off course since then she has been fantastic and I have been having second thoughts. I think I just need to put in more time if I do want to keep her. We played a little fetch this morning and she was returning the Frisbee as I was using treats. Otherwise she just plays haha look at me I've got the ball after one throw which is pretty frustrating. Kindergarten should have a place for Fin by next term which would mean I could definitely take her for a couple of walks a week then ............ decisions decisions

3 comments:

  1. Honestly... give her to a family who are a better fit for her and then you can get a dog later thats better suited to your lifestyle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan are you coming to fins birthday ? I am seeing Kirst friday so could get you the milk then

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody reading and enjoying. Keep it up. No-one should be allowed to grow pumpkins that well. Ours get powdery mildew almost straight away and produce hardly anything.

    ReplyDelete