Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Not a Cat person or a dog person ??

Yep it's true, Izzy the border Collie I loved but she was frankly a pain and didn't listen to a word i said, see untrained no matter how much jolly dog whisperer i watched on the telly . Toby the cat well .... He definatley pee'd in our room at some stage as it smells like cat wee's only I don't know where so I will have to just clean all of the carpet I guess, and now that I have finally booted him outside after a week of hiding under a spare bed he has now spent a week outside hiding under the deck. How is it possible that neither cats nor dogs like me I thought you just automatically got one or the other. In young Tobys defence his previous owner did say he was a pretty independent cat who liked to spend much of his time outdoors and I did find half a mouse on the driveway this morning. Hurrah the farmers got a cat !! look out little mice. Perhaps I'm just a Goat person....

Looking foward to starting work I have my very own name badge and have met the lovely women I will be working for. Fins enjoying kindergarten but we are still having trouble with the whole me leaving part so hopefully he gets over the tears part soon becasue that is certainly not very nice.

Charlie has been sent packing from Fins room, as soon as I wrote he was doing well be promptly started waking up at 3 am to cry or grizzle for a couple of hours a night. Sunday night I was desperate for a good night sleep as I had some training the next day so I took Charlie back to bed with me when he woke. Big mistake for me in the fact that I did not get any sleep at all with Charlie the acrobat in bed but a good thing in the fact that I realised just how much he moves about at night and popped him in the bed in his old room the next night and he promptly slept through again after a week of interrupted nights. So who knows if it was the brother or the cotsides waking him up and frankly who cares I'm just happy to be getting some sleep again.

Young Nev is much the same working hard and very tired.

The house is much the same, did some grubbing this morning which needed doing those horrible thistles just keep coming back even though it's winter and I don't really want to stomp around in paddocks looking for them, Fin and I did the front paddock today and we will do the back paddock tommorrow.

I have made some changes to our diet in that I now only make the 50/50 white flour wholemeal flour bread,  the whole family seems to be used to it, so hopefully that will be healthier for us all and keep little tummies fuller for longer.... although we still eat white rice and ordinary pasta not sure if I'll be ready to trade either of those for the wholemeal versions any time soon. I have also decided to only buy the greek yoghurt yoghurt mix packets as all the flavoured home yoghurt sachets are way to sweet and awful tasting, I'm not sure if the greek yoghurt mix will be that much better for us but at least it doesn't taste as awful.
my 'baby Charlie' where has the time gone how is he old enough to be in a bed now I can i feel like i've barely blinked since taking this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment